Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

XBINX Cyro Guest

PS3 Linux on CFW 3.55 help?

Does anyone have a good guide to install linux on my ps3? I have rogero 3.55 cfw 4.11 spoof. I have installed bootOS and level2 patcher and when i install linux there is no DEBIAN os Entry, Only the install entry is listed.

I also did some more research finding that i should delete kboot.cfg and it should work, still no option to boot. Also all of gitbrew's links are dead so if anyone can get a package up that would be awesome.

Also I was wondering if anyone knew if psp games were launchable via cfw 3.55 without a dongle. replies are a help.

TitanTX Guest
    PSP games aren't available only with the USB dongle sorry to burst your bubble. Try and have a look at this. Hope this helps, its probably the spoof acting up, try removing the spoof and see if it works. Just an idea.

rodq Guest
    Follow this guide: ps3devwiki.com/wiki/OtherOS%2B%2B

Most links are dead, but you will find required files with a little searching.

Lightbulb

We have a few Linux and OtherOS++ tutorials in the guides section and a bunch in past news articles, here are a few links to them:

http://www.ps4news.com/search.php?search=linux
    http://www.ps4news.com/search.php?search=otheros%2B%2B

There is pagination at the bottom to go through the results, etc.

XBINX Cyro Guest
    Thank you for your help! I have managed to install rebug 4.30 and I am loving it. now to get linux installed!

YODALUPCIS Guest
    How & what can i install on my ps3 instead of having this old & slow javascript??