Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

PS3 Jailbreak for OFW 4.30 help?

Hi people, I have a PS3 (CECH-3008B) on OFW 4.30. I am given to believe from that only PS3s with OFW 3.55 and below can be jailbroken.

However there are a few videos on youtube which claim that a certain PS3UPDATE.PUP file can jailbreak any PS3 with any OFW. I downloaded through the links provided by them. When opening the file I was asked for a password and then directed to one of these survey sites.

So far I have downloaded and tried 2 such files but they do not work. When I go to system update and try updating through storage media, the console does not show any file on the device.

Is there something I am missing here? Or is it simply a big scam? That thought had occurred to me but there were a large number of people who had commented that it worked for them. So I was hoping that one of the experts can confirm definitively whether there is a jailbreak available for OFW 4.30, or do I have to downgrade it to 3.55.

Regards

I hate to say it but your PS3 can't be jailbroken in the meantime.. also you can't downgrade it because it 3K series or 300X, only 250X & lower can be downgraded & jailbroken, as for those videos, youtube is full of them & every single video of them is a BIG SCAM.

Have a good day.