PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Unhappy [UnAnswered] ps3 jailbreak issue help?

well i got my ps3 about 2 month ago, jailbreaked and at first i finished all my games without any problems. but i got new games recently and some didn't work, such as heavy rain which goes black every time i start it,and mgs 4 which goes black in first episode when you go to that hotel to meet the rats, but others worked like spiderman and gt.

now when i start them via gaia manager, it just kicks me out in xmb or it goes black. what am i gonna do?

'im freaking out, please help guys

First Question, are you on CFW like kmeaw or waninkoko?

Second Question, If you are on CFW, download MultiMAN and for black screen games launch by pressing Select+X.

If you are not on CFW please follow one of the many tutorials available here.

Let me know if you have any more problems!

Sorry but what do mean by CFW, kmeaw or waninkoko.

i dunno if it's custom firmware or not, i just bought it the way it is jailbreaked.
    Last edited by 02144816151; 02-12-2011 at 03:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

do you have to use a "device" everytime you turn it on such as a ps3key and such? What firmware version are you on?

it's 3.41 and yes i use it everytime.

This most likely means that you are running official firmware with a "jailbreak device", update to 3.55 >> Then to Geohot's 3.55 >> Then To Kmeaws 3.55 and it should aleviate all of your problems.

^ I myself updated to 3.55 then to kmeaw direct. I don't think you need to install Geohot CFW first.

The only reason I took that route was so I could install pkgs, because the option wasn't showing up for me.

Did you try replacing the Eboot.Bin?

I went from3.41 ofw (official firmware) straight to 3.55 wannikoko version 2 with no probs, installs the load pkg and game etc, use multiman version 1.15.05, and life was sweet no need for dongle.

Put the pup in a folder on your USB - PS3/UPDATE And just do a system update from media storage rather than online, load multiman package from USB make sure not in a folder, all files available through the forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast