Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

ps3 icons keep spinning help?

i'Ve gotten the PS3 BREAK V1.2 and have played some games. Today when I turned the system on everything started as normal... I chose the profile to use and when I got to the main screen the SUB-ICONS just kept spinning. I rebooted the machine... same problem. I unplugged the video cable and reinserted it (after unplugging the power cord)... still same problem. I try to format the hard drive after about 20 minutes the system still is on 0%.

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like a problem I had when I tried to play a game discless, that needed a disc, then tried to quit the game.

You need to access the recovery menu, you can find out how to do that here: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-he...lp-116534.html

Once there select rebuild database and after that is done select restore system.

I hope this fixes your problem but if not post a reply

Just had the same happen to me (panic set in) luckily i found this post. I rebuilt database and all was fine, did not need to restore system though. Panic over and thank you natepig!

I know what you mean about the panic. You think omg what has happened, its such a relief to find out its not that hard to fix.