Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    G Sus Guest

PS3 Fat 32 HD partition recovery please help?

okey i was playing Sniper Elite V2 on 4.30cfw using multiman all was playing fine and i turned ps3 off to watch a movie. after the movie i went back to ps3 and started multiman. No games i rebooted Hd and ps3 but still no games. so i connected HD to laptop and the laptop couldnt detect drive (partition gone)

i connected the HD to PC and th Pc couldnt detect a partition either. it would appear that somehow the MBR for the HD has vanished.

i'm not bothered about the games cos i can back them up again from disk. sadly the hardrive had other files and stuff i really need.

anyone got any ideas on how to recover a fat 32 partition, or at least recover some data from it.

be very greatful for a speedy reply.

akimazaki Guest
    i think you need format it back... but to get data back i think impossible

G Sus Guest
    if i format it back then i will lose all data. at the moment the data is still intact. the drive just dont know its a fat32 drive. i'm sure there will be some software to tell it its a fat32 drive without reformatting it.

and then hopefully some data retrieval software, to pull some of it back off.

akimazaki Guest
    try fix with disk repair at your pc...

rodq Guest
    Use hard-disk data recovery software. So many around!

G Sus Guest
    all the pc wants to do is format it. just keeps telling me its a raw unformatted partition

rodq Guest
    DO NOT FORMAT IT. Just cancel that "pop-up".

G Sus Guest
    yup i cancel the pop up.

any suggestions for any free harddisk data recovery software. that works.

rodq Guest
    Good and Free??? NO!

JeffVader Guest
    I've had good results in the past with Recuva. Give it a go.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last