Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 error 80028F10 help?

Sponsored Links
    ok, so i've been loading games onto my ps3 - applying the various fixes / settings in multiman to get them working for 3.55

somehow this evening - i've inadvertently changed something (my best guess) and now, some games (which were working fine before) - are now prompting this error, on a hdtv connected via hdmi.

games prompt "You cannot play this game at the current video output setting (80028F10)"

ive tried resetting the video mode / settings to default etc but to no avail.

anyone able to provide some ideas on how i might fix this ? - i'm tempted to just do a format on the ps3 + ext harddrive and start from scratch (running rebug 3.55.2)
    Best Answer - Posted by mrfunkyjunkie:

so, it seems it wasnt something id changed after all - this came about, after formatting / reflashing my ps3 from scratch.

problem seems to lie with the eboot's - so time to bust out the hex editor and see whats different between the eboots that work and dont.

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    just go to debug menu (if you are in rebug cfw) and change video output to 420 or 720

if it doesn't work... pm me

i have a way

CHX has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

^ dunno whats goin on with the forums.

I have even tried mod'ing the param.sfo to allow all vid modes etc - just cant get it to work. im resolved that im going to have to format and start from scratch soon

PMs aren't enabled until he makes (2) Quality Posts, so your best bet at the moment is to use this ongoing thread for help.

so, it seems it wasnt something id changed after all - this came about, after formatting / reflashing my ps3 from scratch.

problem seems to lie with the eboot's - so time to bust out the hex editor and see whats different between the eboots that work and dont.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News