Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

maxdb1984 Guest

PS3 error 8002291B help?

Hi, I have serached the net for the answer to this but to no avail.

Basically when I try and lauch a couple of games from Boot manager (fresh installs) I get a message come up when the games try to launch:

"Registration of the Trophy Data cannot be completed (8002291B)"

I have tried connecting to the internet and chacking the date and time but it doesn't seem to work. I'm currently on FW 3.41. The games i'm having trouble with are: King of the Fighters XII and F1 2010.

Any help appreciated thanks

dudemccool Guest
    Hey,

I'm also having this problem. Right now it only appears with Army of Two: 40th day. I tried downloading the Trophies with the BDVD, but it still asks when I try to launch from BM.

Anyone have an idea?

maxdb1984 Guest
    I think I have found the answer but I am yet to test this to confirm. The trophy folders for the game's I have trouble with seem to be missing a directory.

The correct folder format should be: PS3_GAME/TROPDIR/NPWR00429_00/TROPHY.TRP (This is Colin Mcrae Dirt for example. KOF XII and the other games I have the same problem dont have the NPWR00429_00 file folder or whatever folder name the game will have e.g PS3_GAME/TROPDIR/TROPHY.TRP.

If anyone having this problem can test this and let me know would be much appreciated The only problem I have is finding out the folder names for each games as my Blu Ray drive has packed in

maxdb1984 Guest
    Update time - I opened the TROPHY.TRP file in notepad to take a look and inside it gives you the name of the folder it should be in. Make a new folder with the file name as stick TROPHY.TRP in the folder then the game should now work (hopefully). Here's a screen grab to show where you can find it: