Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Trudraikkon1984 Guest

PS3 downgrade help please?

Ok... I have searched every where and I cant figure out really how to do this. My system is a CECH2501B.

Here is my current situation:

I originally had my playstation hacked with 3.55 CFW a long time ago, but I decided to get online and update it so I could play online games without the chance of being banned by the PSN, so I updated it to 4.46 current firmware.

I am sick and tired of playing online games and I have plenty of PS3 ISO files that I would love to play, but I cant do anything because there is no way to hack this current firmware. I have Rogero 4.46 V1.01 update.pup but once it gets to 70 percent or so, it tells me that the file is corrupted. Ive read that you have to be on a firmware of 3.55 in order to install the modded firmware, but as I said before, im on 4.46 from sony.

I don't know much about hacking the PS3, but I am damn good with computers. I hacked the PS3 a long time ago using a USB dongle and it worked just fine, along with multiman... it rocked.

Please help me...

Thanks.
    Carlos

TrustY Guest
    Your going to have to downgrade your playstation 3

Trudraikkon1984 Guest
    I have no clue what that is... does that require me to open the playstation up? Is there a way that i can do it though software mods only? I wouldnt want to take the chance in messing up the playstation if i have to open it...

TrustY Guest
    You will have to open the ps3 to install the hardware...

lumaria Guest
    there is no other way around it, trust me i'm trying to do that too