Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread

Sponsored Links!

[Answered] PS3 disk upgrade and backup/restore help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi

I have 2 Q's about internal disk upgrading...

1. While upgrading the internal HDD can I make a disk2disk copy on a pc using partition managing software or do i need to use PS3's backup/restore function ?
    2. Is it safe to upgrade the internal HDD while on Kmeaw 3.55 ?

Regards
    Szafran
    Best Answer - Posted by ricopico:

1 - No, because the pc cannot read ps3 formatted data. The filesystem is completley unknown to windows/linux/mac. As soon as it is plugged into the pc, the drive will not function on the ps3 again, the pc changes something when trying to recognise the disk.

2. It's save. The best part is that after I've upgraded. The jb and fw was left intact. Mine is a fat PS3. Hope that helps.

1 - No, because the pc cannot read ps3 formatted data. The filesystem is completley unknown to windows/linux/mac. As soon as it is plugged into the pc, the drive will not function on the ps3 again, the pc changes something when trying to recognise the disk.

Closed Thread

Sponsored Links