Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Shell 32 Guest

PS3 Debug, how to launch backupped games?

Hi everyone.

Some days ago, i've found a PS3 debug station (I've updated it to FW 4.10), and i've tried to play some backupped games but it didn't work. I have tried to install multiman with the special patch for DEX, but when i try to launch it, the system crashes and get restarted. Then i have tried to use the integrated BD emulator function, but when i set [Blu-Ray Disc Access] on "BD emulator (USB)" the system doesn't recognizes the original discs, neither the backupped game on the USB drive.

What should i do in order to make the system to recognize the backupped game, or, if it's possible, to launch multiman? thanks

iCEQB Guest
    Afaik you need a decrypted EBOOT.BIN and (if present) all .SPRX files, since the system can't decrypt those files like that, yet I remember reading that the system SHOULD read retail games fine and even play them, so someone needs to confirm that

EiKii Guest
    Well he just said that he wanted to play backed up games, i don't think it works with multiman, i read you have to use some app named ps3gen or similar to make the isos, i'm not sure tho, someone with a debug might answer it hehe but i doubt it works as a cfw

Shell 32 Guest
    Thanks for your help

I think I'll wait someone with a debug...

CJPC Guest
    Yeah, especially at 4.10, you will have to manually decrypt everything as ICEQB said, then re-master it with ps3gen and burn it to BD-R, or write it to a USB HDD. This is a bit easier now (pre 3.6) since the keys are known, but still quite a pain.

If you are interested in just running backups, you might want to use a retail console with a CFW.

Shell 32 Guest
    Yes, in fact i have a 3.55 PS3 with CFW, but i wanted to know if running backups were possible on a debug too. You know, to play 3.60+ games. Ok, that's not a problem. Maybe I'll try some day (SPRX are needed too?). Anyway, thanks everyone for your answers