Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

EhtYlno Guest

PS3 Controller has stopped working help?

My PS3 controller has sadly stopped working, there are no lights on the controller, I have tried all the tricks in the book, resetting the PS3 controller by pressing the small button at the back, I even tried different usb cables, but NONE work!

I have three USB cables and they all fail to charge the controller or turn on! I even tried connecting it to my laptop, nothing happens! Please help, I have only one controller and if this one dies out on me, then I'll have to go out and BUY another PS3 controller!

Also I hope this is not an issue with the PS3 system itself!

windrider42 Guest
    I would say its the controller if it won't work on a laptop and charge. Not a problem with PS3. Test both usb ports by plugging in a usb hdd.

Liongooder Guest
    Definitely its the battery, you'll need to disassemble the controller & the battery wires too, then reassemble it again that worked for me for the first time, the second time i had to switch the battery with another one from a broken controller, still working like a charm, i hope it works for you too.

Have a nice day.