Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

holydragon Guest

PS3 CFW update advice help?

Hello,

I modded my PS3 about 3 months ago and the mod was fairly complex.. I installed E3, put the system into service mod with Teensy, and now everything is working. When I completed the install I think I installed Hermes (?) CFW and also have the E3 dual boot enabled.

After I got things up and running, I packed it all up and put it in away but have recently pulled the box out of the closet. I plugged in an external drive with quite a few backup titles on them and quite a few didn't work. So I'd like to understand what steps I need to take to further update system.

Right now, I'm running 3.55 CFW. I don't use any particular dongle and all games are run through multiman. Is there a CFW that I should upgrade to? Is there a simple upgrade process? (Just update on USB and renaming?). Are there spoofs for the 4.XX software?

I just feel like I have the 70% solution now and would like to close. So any help would be appreciated.

fantopoulos Guest
    kmeaw 3.55 cfw and rebug are best compatible versions with multiman even though i notice doubt of few hundred titles only 2 do not work on multiman but work on rogero v8 cheers

i would change hermes to kmeaw, but this is up to you, i have no probs at all hope this helped.

sintax Guest
    I haven't been up to speed with PS3 things in some time. Does kmeaw 3.55 not being updated to a newer version of the firmware indicate a negative thing?

Have PS3 CFW efforts hit a stumbling block past 3.55 / 4.X? Is there a list somewhere for what things will not work on 3.55 (i.e. 4.X software, Amazon VOD, etc..)?