Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

System Repairs Guest

Question Which PS3 CFW is good help?

Which firmware is everyone using? There's a few that just came out.

What kinds of differences have you noticed from any you've tried?

Azrial Guest
    I went with Rebug, as it was the most recommended by users and developers, but I hear Rogero is also good it you like to keep it simple and just for games, as Rebug has a load of other features like trophy editing and save game modifications.

JeoWay Guest
    Definitely Rebug 4.XX

bigvern1979 Guest
    rebug im running it and works a treat

System Repairs Guest
    So this is one of the most recommended: http://www.ps4news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...n-ps3-cfw-out/

I've never understood the difference between CEX and DEX. Are you better off going with a CEX ( LITE EDITION) or DEX (D-REX EDITION)?

How abouut SGK 4.41 v5? : http://www.ps4news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/v...m-sgk-arrives/

Neo Cyrus Guest
    I'm using Rebug 4.30.2 since last I checked there is no REX version of 4.41.2.

pumpkinslayer Guest
    i'm new here plz help;

idk how to install ps3 cfw, and idk how to use this... O.o the most experience i have had installing cfw was with my psp;
    what exactly does ps3 cfw 4.41 do, and how does it work

Itheunknown Guest
    Rogero 4.40, it is fast, reliable and very stable

pumpkinslayer Guest
    well my firmware is 4.41 ofw on a 120gb slim model cech-2001a, can you tell me how to install ?

i just want to use multiman to copy my CD games to the hard drive for backup, just in case my blu ray drive starts acting up again; and i'm not going to download games, thats wrong.. i just want to make sure i have copies of my disc-based games because my blu ray drive will eventually burnout again, so i will just use the hard drive. i wont use the jailbroken ps3 online;

i will buy a new ps3 that is clean and i will use that online and can someone explain to me how these hacks and jailbreaks are made ? i want to learn

Azrial Guest
    If your on OFW 4.41, your going to need a flasher, no other way to do it.