Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

PS3 CECHG01 downgrade help?

So it seems the CECHG01 PS3 is the last NAND model released by Sony. Its disc laser is also of sub-par quality, so it has been gathering dust after I bit the bullet and bought a new slim. Well, instead of being a huge paperweight, I suppose it may be wise to downgrade it.

However, a lot of tutorials seem to be focused exclusively on how to downgrade NOR consoles. From what I gathered, you cannot use the E3 Linker to downgrade a NAND console, correct?

What are the recommended tools to downgrade a NAND console cheaply and easily (a hard bargain I'm sure)? I have a lot of soldering experience, but soldering to pins is definitely something I don't enjoy. Also are there any limitations that NAND consoles have only NOR in terms of dual-booting between CFW and OFW?

I've been playing around with the idea of sending the thing off to someone like racer for a simple downgrade, but PMs still don't work for me so in the mean time, I'm considering a DIY.

You need a progskeet and you can use the alt. soldering places. Is the mother board a sem-001? Thanks.

Oh one more thing can't use the e3 at all on it.

Yeah, the mobo's layout matched with pictures online for SEM-001. Sucks none of their solutions work for it.

I haven't heard about these alternate soldering locations. Do you have a link?

Search for soldering sem 001 ps3 and it will show you. I am not at my computer right now to get the picture.