Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

mckinnonj Guest

PS3 CECHA01 Downgrade Question help?

I have a CECHA01 PS3, manufacturer in Feb 2007. At one point it did have CFW 3.55 installed but I've since then updated to OFW 4.31.
    I was going to attempt it myself but no guide is clear enough for me to attempt the process.

Only concerns I have is I want a solder less method. I don't want to solder anything to my PS3. And unclear exactly if I need an infectus or not. I know I need the Progskeet for sure. I don't mind soldering the progskeet to the infectus.

That's basically my only questions... if I get a Progskeet 1.2 for NAND flashing, will I have to solder anything to my PS3 board and do I need anything else.

Thanks in advance either way for any assistance.

k9inpoop Guest
    if you get the right clips for the progskeet i dont think you need to solder anything

mckinnonj Guest
    Thanks. Ok, do you know if I need infectus or not?

k9inpoop Guest
    i maybe wrong but i dont think you do need it to downgrade a ps3 when you have a progskeet

mckinnonj Guest
    Hrmm... you don't make me seem to confident in your answer lol

k9inpoop Guest
    ok i dont know if you need it for progskeet 1.2 but i know you dont need it for 1.1 and lower so i dont think you need it now