Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CECH-4002C (Super Slim) No Power help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi All,

I recently purchased a $60 AUD 12GB PS3 Super Slim off eBay which has a problem. The console wont turn on and has no lights when the power cord is plugged in. I have tried multiple power cords.

I opened up the console and after taking out the power supply and putting it back in, i was able to power it up. I repeated the process of unplugging the power cord and plugged it back and every time the red light came on.

But the thing is after i remove the power supply for a second time and plug it back in to the console, it has the original problem where no lights come on and i cant power on the console. I have tried reseating the power multiple times and I havent been able to get the PS3 back on since.

Before i go out and buy a new PSU for my Super Slim would someone with experience in this issue be able to tell me if its a motherboard problem or a PSU problem? I dont want to waste $50 buying a new PSU only to find out that my motherboard is broken.

Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by ripplar:

Check the fuses on the power supply. They could be out.

Sponsored Links
    Check the fuses on the power supply. They could be out.

If you need help with what fuses look like let me know.

Sponsored Links
Please Register at PS4News.com, Login or Activate Your Account to make comments on the PS4 News Forums. Thanks!

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News