Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Exclamation PS3 backup failure 800283E4 error

After trying to do this simple task of backing up my PS3 (60GB), this number shows up (800283E4) and 1 line...." The back up operation could not be completed." nothing else. No explanation, no clue of "why?" this is.

To me this is not user friendly in the least.. I am not a robot, I don`t speak numbers... the issue might be something relatively simple but I can`t find answer yet as to what this number means (800283E4) I am not so unique that I am the only one with this problem, but it seems so cause I have E-mailed PS3.com and they give me links to look it up myself.

I looked at those links myself before I contacted them and couldn`t find anything on this... one Q.. one A.. too easy. If anyone else has an answer, please tell me what this # means when I try to back up my PS3 800283E4.

I need to expand my harddrive and this is in my way, please tell me I`m tired of watching all these 12 year olds on youtube do it in 20 mins or less, And me, I`m lost... help me find my way

Lightbulb

Ya, apparently it may be a PS3 backup utility error.. at least according to this thread. A possible fix to try:
    I bought a Western Digital 500GB External HDD with USB 2.0

My PS3 "DOES" recognize it. I can view videos, music and everything else with it plugged into my PS3.

First Try: I have tried backing it up the first time. It gave me the same error.

Second: I then kept it plugged in.. restarted PS3, turned it back on then tried it again. Wallah! Its working!