Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 8002F225 and 8002F2C5 Errors help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi. I have a fat and a slim PS3 with the same problems. I have new drives for both of them but I dont have the old drives anymore.

Both of the drives have been formatted in my PC and every time I try to start the PS3 they fail and say that the OS couldnt start. I have tried all the things in the recovery menu and now I am stuck.

I have also tried downloading the different firmwares from this site but they always say "corrupt files" when I try to open them.

Please let me know what I can do to fix them. And I will NOT send them to Sony. Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by oVERSoLDiER:

Get one of the firmwares you need here (http://www.ps4news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8). If you can't extract it, run "CMD" - "CHKDSK C: /R" and the same for your USB-device (change "C" with your USB-device letter) - it can't hurt !

Question

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Automarinecare View Post
    I have also tried downloading the different firmwares from this site but they always say "corrupt files" when I try to open them.
    Regarding this issue, are you using WinRAR to unpack/extract them?

what fw was it on before you upgraded hdd.. i'd say your on the v1 when you need the v2 version of ur fw.. they made a mistake in v1 not allowing hdd upgrades and v2 of these fw fixed that prob.. without the original drive ur screwed.. its a sony only fix mate.

sorry to say.. from memory it is fw 3.56 and 3.61.. that has these issues.. i may be incorrect but pretty sure its those 2 fws. call sony and make them fix for free as they will if you speak to a manager and say i know where you live mate.. LOL

Yes I am. Will they fix it if I have opened the case?

And I don't know what firmware they were on.
    Last edited by Automarinecare; 10-17-2011 at 02:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Get one of the firmwares you need here (http://www.ps4news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8). If you can't extract it, run "CMD" - "CHKDSK C: /R" and the same for your USB-device (change "C" with your USB-device letter) - it can't hurt !

Ok. So I got the firmware downloads to work.

The FAT PS3 I have gotten out of the 8002F225 error but now I keep getting a 8002F1F9 error at 73% of the update process ???. And the SLIM PS3 is still stuck with the 8002F225 error.

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by Automarinecare; 10-17-2011 at 03:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News