Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

pimix2009 Guest

Question PS3 8002f1f9 Error Code help?

So I had a PS3 with YLOD and cleaned it up and it worked but since it was already on 4.20 I decided to update it to the latest firmware. I downloaded it from PSN's website then things just haven't been working. I get this code 8002f1f9 even tho I'm updating from Recovery Mode. Anybody know how to fix the issue ?

I tried removing the HDD and have windows format it. Otherwise it will keep rebooting and trying and trying to install the update but always fails at 70% and when this happens, u can't access recovery mode so that's why I used Windows to make the HDD blank in order to access recovery mode

mschumacher69 Guest
    Is the BD Drive logic board connected and working?

pimix2009 Guest
    I have everything connect, when it was all cleaned up from YLOD I even put a disc in and played a game for two hours.

For everyone with this problem. This happens due to bad bluetooth/Wifi board so make sure that the cable for it its firmly connected or replace the board.

drphuz Guest
    that happened to me and i had no idea what was up. Now i can get my phat working again thanks man.