Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Protecting My PS3 Discs help?

Hi everyone, just had a question hoping someone can shed some light on, I am past being a complete noob but not by far so I apologize if my question is stupid. I have quite a few games, I purchased course and over time the discs got scratched, ect. making them unable to play.

Thank god I backed them up, after I bought them as I am on kmeaw 3.55 and can play the backups, of the games that I purchased. My question is why I would I backup my purchased games that require 3.60 - 4.x , as I cannot play them? Thank you for your time to read my hopefully not too stupid question.

There are alot of devs that are working on ways to play newer games. I would make backups and save them cause this hobby can change in a matter of a few break throughs. There is always hope that someone will release something that will play newer games. Thanks.

the reason why you cant play newer games (3.6+ games that is) is because that these new games are signed with new keys.

think about these keys like a password on a rar file, without that password, you cant use the file. So same here, without the newer keys, we cant play them.

Wow... to come back on the scratches... what did you do with the discs?? Blu- ray discs are very tough! So I cannot believe you make scratches on them without forcing...

Yeah, I'll admit thats an interesting one, the disks have a special coating to prevent scratches. Apart from taking a key to a disc, it's quite hard to scratch them with normal use. You could try (depends on publisher) calling and asking for a new disc. If the disc is scratched / damaged they may send you a new one in exchange for the broken one for shipping costs.