Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Crashdance22 Guest

Problem getting The Sly Collection backup running help?

Hi, the other day I made a backup of The Sly Collection (NSTC) and am having difficulty getting that backup to run. I'm running 3.41 OFW, Gaia Manager, and I'm using the TI-84+ jailbreak with peek/poke support. I have not modified any PS3 hypervisors and do not plan to.

I have not touched the filesystem at all, and also don't plan to. The backup I made is complete and is stored on a USB external HDD formatted as FAT32. I have already downloaded and replaced EBOOT.BIN, Sly1.self, Sly2.self, and Sly3.self as required since this game specifies v3.50 as a required firmware. I have also modified PARAM.SFO to specifiy 3.40 rather than 3.41, as I read.

I have successfully ran backups in the past including games with Move support. I am not using the "memory patch" or "direct boot" features of Gaia Manager.

Now on my actual problem. When I try to start the game with any PS3 game in the drive, I am returned to the XMB. What's strange about this is I don't even see the Move safety screen, and most people who are having issues with running this game get a black screen AFTER the Move screen. Because the EBOOT is not started until after the screen disappears, I know EBOOT.BIN is not the problem.

GameOS isn't seeing this as a Move compatible game for some reason. I have read where several people have gotten this game to work using 3.41 and the EBOOT/SELF fix. Can someone help me with this? It would be much appreciated.

Crashdance22 Guest
    Does this game require Hermes? It doesn't make sense that I can get other Move games to run yet I can't get to the Move screen on The Sly Collection.

soldier Guest
    i'm one of the ones that had it working on 3.41. i did all of what you said above and also I was using hermes + multiman in bd mirror mode. i remember this game was trouble to get running also. hope that helps.

Crashdance22 Guest
    After doing much research on kmeaw I might actually think about installing it. My homebrew PS3 is pretty useless if I can't even play my backups. I read that it works with kmeaw 3.55. I suppose I'll try that when I get a chance.