Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

PKG Backup Help?

Hey,

I have been trying to install various games on my 3.41 JB 'Phat' PS3 with absolutely no success.

As mentioned in the guide, I decrypt my EBOOT.BIN using unself.exe.

Then I hex-edit the .elf and replace dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME to dev_hdd0/BURNOUT1 as an example. Then I 'self' it back. After That I create xxxxyyy.conf and the xxxxyyy folders with the appropriate TITLEID and folders inside, and use psn_package_npdrm to get the pkg.

So far so good, I install the pkg in JB mode with my PS3Break Dongle Hermes v1 (Can't Upgrade =() Then I, instead of FTP, copy the files needed from my HDD to BURNOUT1 folder in my HDD.

Now, I do a perfect copy, but what I don't understand is that should I copy the whole USRDIR folder inside to make the file structure dev_hdd0/BURNOUT1/USRDIR or should I copy the files within USRDIR to dev_hdd0/BURNOUT1 ?

Please help me out, I'm pretty frustrated after trying with countless games.

Note:- I get the 80010007 Error, meaning I did something wrong with the EBOOT.elf, but what?

You need to copy the USRDIR folder without the original EBOOT.BIN to dev_hdd0/BURNOUT1 so that it looks like this dev_hdd0/BURNOUT1/USRDIR

Hey, Thanks for the reply.

I tried that but now I keep on getting the 80010007 error meaning incorrect EBOOT.BIN