Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Online Play w/o updating ps3?

I'm new to the PS3 so sorry if i'm asking really noob questions..

I just got the CoD 4 and I wanna play online..but to play online I need a PSN account..
    and..to create a PSN account..an update is needed..but i dont want to..I've been going through many different forums and I've read many many many many problems on the new version 3.0 so I waited a while for the 3.1..and..when it came out people have been saying it has even gotten worse..making blu-ray Movies not a valid format..even more freezing of games and etc.

And I am certain I won't be updating until there is a stable version..so is there anyway i can play online without updating the Console so I can create a PSN account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Im using a PS3 Slim with version 2.8 (factory version)

same here

I'm also brand new to gaming & the PS3 Slim... got mine a few weeks ago.

After reading all the probs with v3.0 & 3.01 I put off updating. When I finally did it I had ZERO problems. I tend to think that folks w/ older systems may have had the majority of the difficulties. I also found that some of the things that people complained about the new interface, I actually liked..(font size for one).

Recommend u bite the bullet & go for it.

I updated from 2.80 to 3.01 and I have had no issues. That includes playing Blu-ray movies and playing CoD4.

I say go for it.

Arrow

You can read what others said in our Poll thread on this very topic here: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/playst...id-107927.html