Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread

Sponsored Links!

[Answered] One YLOD PS3 and one PS3 with 3.50 FW help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi.

So, i´ve got an old 60gb EUR fat PS3, which broke down for me about one year ago - the problem is YLOD (bought a PS3 slim at that time, which works fine with PS3key).

About 14 days ago, my friend gave me his fat PS3 60gb with FW 3.50 which have a broken BD drive, so i could swop the BD drive with the one from my own YLOD PS3 - this seems to work fine but - the PS3 is with 3.50 FW

Now i was wondering where the Firmware is stored on the Playstation (obvioulsy not on the harddrive), so i could take that specific part from the YLOD PS3, and swop the part to the functional fat ps3 with FW 3.50

Is this by any chance possible? I´ve been reading on the internet that they need people with FW 3.15 or something like that, to be able to get the PSdowngrade working and also the unplayable GT5 - therefor it would be sweet if i could get the part swopped and working, cause i believe that my YLOD PS3 havent been updated for somehing like 1.5 years now.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the not-so-good english typin´
    Best Answer - Posted by EiKii:

well AFAIK just swapping drive wont work? or will it? i thought the drive "key" or similar would not work with another PS3, locked to the ps3 unit it shipped with, i might be wrong tho,

about where the fw is stored, on newer consoles its partially on the hard drive but "core os files" is stored on a flash on the MB, NAND or something like that, and that would be quite hard i imagine to swap, and no idea if it would actually work,

you could get the YLOD MB repaired imo, pref re-balled at professionals (expensive but is more reliable) or alternative re-flow it with heatgun method (cheap and probably less reliable then re-balling it, neitherless it worked for alot of people and if done right the ps3 could run for years)

Hope it clears somethings up, Good Luck.

well AFAIK just swapping drive wont work? or will it? i thought the drive "key" or similar would not work with another PS3, locked to the ps3 unit it shipped with, i might be wrong tho,

about where the fw is stored, on newer consoles its partially on the hard drive but "core os files" is stored on a flash on the MB, NAND or something like that, and that would be quite hard i imagine to swap, and no idea if it would actually work,

you could get the YLOD MB repaired imo, pref re-balled at professionals (expensive but is more reliable) or alternative re-flow it with heatgun method (cheap and probably less reliable then re-balling it, neitherless it worked for alot of people and if done right the ps3 could run for years)

Hope it clears somethings up, Good Luck.

Closed Thread

Sponsored Links