PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Yeah essentially the updates are full, not tiny updates from the previous version, but the entire firmware. Of course, if there are bugs in a previous version, they get patched, so the next firmware version does not feature said bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
    Sorry noobie here. I just got my 120G PS3 slim. It has Software Version 2.76 on it right out of the box. My question is what firmware is safe to update to? I have read so much about some firmware update shelled peoples PS3's. I defiantly don't want that to happen to me especially with it being only 2 days old!!

Could someone point me in the right direction on which firmware is safe to update to for now? Thanks
    I got my PS3 slim about 3 weeks ago, I updated to 3.01 the day i got it and then to 3.10 when it was released. I haven't had any problems with mine.

You should be fine and if you do have issues your still within the warranty period anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by blahh View Post
    I got my PS3 slim about 3 weeks ago, I updated to 3.01 the day i got it and then to 3.10 when it was released. I haven't had any problems with mine.
    Well thats good to know! I havent updated yet was gonna do it this weekend. I need to update my Yamaha reciever as well with 2 firmware updates. So I was gonna do it all at the same time. I use to have the 60g launch ps3 but sold it. Really the only thing I use it for is blu-rays!

I wanted to bitstream my audio to my Yamaha RXV1800! But with the launch 60G I couldnt. Didnt really matter to me about it not being backwards compatible. I have the p1 and P2 hooked up as well anyways. Dont get me wrong I do play games just watch more movies then games. Anyways Thanks for all the replies to this thread! I appreciate everyones feedback.

I've updated mine to 3.10 when it came out..my fw before was 2.76 cuz i too read about the 3.01 problems.. but when the CoD came out, my hands got itchy so i just bit the bullet and updated to 3.10.

so far, i had a couple of disconnects. All Bearable, I just reboot the console and its all good after that.

yea update the newest firmware is good. i have a model number eo1 just bought 2 weeks ago.