Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Unhappy New PS3 Demo Mode help?

Hello, I've been on-line all day trying to find how to get this gift to function like I thought it was going to. My friend who was a retail district gaming supply manager had this in the closet for a while so I asked if I could buy it.

I noticed that the sticker on the bottom said for display use but being that it was in the box and near used, I didn't think anything different. So I set it up and find that it runs in demo only. After spending some time even getting it to start I found that I could put in a code and update it. Sounds like that wasn't a good thing to do.

I'm not sure what version firmware it was running but now it's on 4.00. Is there a way to go back? My son wants to play on-line games but you can't even when the demo mode is un-locked. I'm thinking about getting my money back. He's not going to like that!

You can't downgrade from 4.0 as far as I know (maybe someone tried E3 flasher ?).

You could create a MFW to go out of Demo / Kiosk mode - which work for 3.55, but not for 4.0.

Yeah, Thanks. I've been looking for a way to roll back the version. I'm hoping to not need to purchase the E3.