Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.


But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by atlask2 View Post
    Yes he use a dev unit to mod a patch , there is no other method.

    After he compile a new patch with VIP infection, he could infect his friend via Lan.
    Well i learned you need to bypass the .self then do whatever but he dont infect his friends with LAN
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Well - the better question, is what are you trying to do with it? In the debug patch, there are both selfs (game, and multiplayer) unencrypted.

    With a dev box (or now, a retail box with exploit) you should be able to modify and run it
    Well i gotta bypass the one on the disc for sure, which sounds impossible

    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I hope you are not speaking of converting a xex to an elf, in hopes of running it on the PS3, needless to say that will not work, at all.

    Again - I already mentioned (many times) how to get a decrypted ELF for MW2, get the debug package from here: http://www.ps4news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=ps3-debug , extract the package with make_package_npdrm -x packagename.pkg, and then open the folder it makes, and view your decrypted self!
    Well you actually have to bypass it now I guess

    Quote Originally Posted by atlask2 View Post
    Yes he use a dev unit to mod a patch , there is no other method.

    After he compile a new patch with VIP infection, he could infect his friend via Lan.
    Well can you link me to where to buy a dev kit and the possible lowest price?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    325
    Craigslist , eBay and off course our own Buying & Selling Section etc

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Bypassing the executable on disc is a piece of cake honestly, the PS3's inbuilt patch system takes care of that, just download the latest patch - it runs from HDD and not disc, then replace the one on the HDD with your modded one!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    That has been tried and failed miserably. He got the self from my ISO by the way...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17
    With the new PSGroove, isn't running unsigned PKG code very possible on the PS3 retail now?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdaddy4sure View Post
    That has been tried and failed miserably. He got the self from my ISO by the way...
    Sure did, and I thank you for that.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Bypassing the executable on disc is a piece of cake honestly, the PS3's inbuilt patch system takes care of that, just download the latest patch - it runs from HDD and not disc, then replace the one on the HDD with your modded one!
    Thanks CJ, so i should be able to find on my decrypted hard drive?

    i just don't know what to look for, there is a string that says default_mp.self

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Only IF you have a development console, and downloaded the game patch from sp-int, otherwise (for now) you are out of luck ... for now.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in