Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

alexkiddinoz Guest

Angry MK9 black screen, was working until blu-ray died help?

Hi all, been lurking on this site for a while so much great info avail.

The Prob i have is i have Kmeaw 3.55 with Multi 2.05 all was working a treat until i finished playing a game of blur.

I went to load the MK from multiman and my blue ray icon was no longer on the dashboard and i was unable to see my GTA4 disk in multiman drive manager either, I get a blue light and a spinning clock in the screens corner but no disk show up.

Most games are still working from my internal except for now Mk9 i am getting the black screen instead of the mk logo at startup.

Main questions were:

1. has anyone got MK9 working with a broken or missing bluray drive

2. is MK9 able to be loaded from the /ps3game path above the install package (on dash) or does this game need to be loaded from a bluray game icon with a disk already in the drive under the install packages menu on dashboard.

3. Is my laser dead and should i get one online for 99 buck and install myself or does any one have any other suggestions. this is a 2007 model so no warranty here.

Thanks for all your help in advance guys.

Cheers

darksabre Guest
    MK9 requires a disc, so you're outta luck there. For #3 it's you're choice to buy another drive and install it. Until a CFW comes out that gives 100% discless loading you have no other choice. Trust me I feel your pain. My drive died on me recently.

alexkiddinoz Guest
    I soo had a feeling that was the case... I only just got into this CFW stuff and im soo glad i did as if my Drive had died 3 weeks ago i would have a stack of games here and no drive to play them on.

Damn australian Gov crap classification system is good for 1 thing I learn how to backup and play my games via Multiman lol thank to them banning MK9.

And the worst thing is im half way through the story mode and now i want to know what happens next... (no spoilers please ill have to be patient)

Thank you for your help there DARKSABRE. You have confirmed the worst for me lol. have a great day.

HeyManHRU Guest
    Well the Cobra USB gives 100 percent support for Discless games.

alexkiddinoz Guest
    50 bucks i may as well give this cobra a go. I don't use the drive for movies everything is streamed from my media centre.

Cheers HeManHRU i'll give that a go next week.