Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

System Repairs Guest

Confused Lost PS3 Blu-ray movie playback help?

Hello,

I had installed a 3.55 CFW and had Blu Ray moves playing. I'm not sure if I had some type of file corruption, but used a ftp program to backup and delete some files. The end result was that I lost my Blu Ray move playback. I tried a bunch of things to get this going again.

1. What files do I need to get the Blu Ray player working?

2. I also read that if I downgrade to $ony 3.21 (not sure if this is the right FW) then back up to 3.55, I can get it back. Has anyone tried this?

mushy409 Guest
    What files exactly did you backup/delete? They obviously must be important as you're lost BD playback...

Try downgrading back to 3.15, then go to 3.21, then 3.41, 3.50 then 3.55 - This has restored playback on a console I repaired a while back.

Vorlone Guest
    Hello,

have you test this?... http://www.ps4news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ther-consoles/

In this tutorial you can bring back your BD-Playback with remarry the PS3 with the BD-Board.

Anger007 Guest
    actually i'm sorry to have to correct you but up/downgrading/remarrying wil not restore blu ray playback. the only ways are:

have a backup of your drl files
    have a method of desoldering and reflashing the chip on the bluray board
    get software that can read the hrl from the bluray then get a util to make yourself a new drl
    write software to read the hrl from the drive and use that to construct a new drl

and finally my favourite (and i couldnt believe this one actually works but it does)

install a custom firmware with otheros++ support (the patches used with otheros++ for some reason remove the checks for the drl files - noone seems to know, or care, why)

the last option is the only viable alternative to a backup and does work. these days any firmware can be patched with otheros++ support so theres no reason to not have the support even if you dont use it (i dont use otheros and i didnt even bother with reformatting my drive and its still fine)

enjoy.

System Repairs Guest
    So I have the files and tried this method for my E3 card Reader but can't get past the blank screen:

http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-115675-3.html

I get 20 seconds or so then the green light flashes and the system does not turn off.

I tried several OFWs and switched off the PS3 at the back and I can only get my 3.55 CFW back. Am I missing something?

Not sure why but I can't downgrade. I can go through the process and get back my 3.55 CFW. The system does not shut down like the guide says, and I have to shut it off manually though.

-Maybe it was the CFW I was using?

-Would it help if I posted the log files?

* And still no Blu-ray Playback

B4rtj4h Guest
    There are older versions of CFW that accidentally disable Blu-ray playback yeah... but those are real old-school. So my question is were (not the link) did you get the CFW? And is it a public release?

System Repairs Guest
    As far as I know its PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza Kmeaw and I got it from here. I have copies of my drl fies just which ones need to be put back on. I'm trying to FTP files now.

I tried everything i couild think of:

1. Different Firmwares (up to OFW 3.55)
    2. Different was of shutting down the console
    3. FTP files I had saved (most files had transfer errors)

This is a copy of the log file:

[Register or Login to view code]

This is the log file for going back to my CFW:

[Register or Login to view code]

My next step is to format the drive first then try. Anyone else have any Ideas?

I will try this link in the next few days.

http://www.ps4news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...k-fix-arrives/