Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Traybourne Guest

Question Install PKG files on PS3?

I was wondering if it is possible to install a PKG on a PS3 via PS3 FTP server or something? I just jailbroke my PS3 the other day and backed up my copy of Borderlands onto an external HDD but I had to delete my game data first and after I did I realized that I don't have the DLC for it on my PS3 and I can't access the PSN without an update which I don't want.

I already paid for the DLC and I can get the direct link for the PKG files and download them on my PC but as far as I can tell there is no way to install without the use of the PSN.

Any help is much appreciated.

DrMaxim Guest
    I know this probably isn't too much of a help, but a person will just have to wait and hope that an updated version of the jailbreak come out that allow you to update firmware. A better hope might be that a firmware tool to trick Sony into allowing us on without having the current firmware.

Pcsx2006 Guest
    You can only install debug pkg files (backup manager is a debug pkg file) at the moment, while retails pkg files are not supported for now but maybe in future.