Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] infectus, will this work?

Sponsored Links
    i have an infectus that im considering on soldering up to my ps3 demo unit with fw 1.93. i want to dump this firmware then get a retail firmware and write it to both flashes. will the ps3 boot?
    Best Answer - Posted by PS4 News:

I'm not sure if Infectus works on Demo units, however, what I do know is for Retail PS3 units it will only allow you to dump and flash the Firmware from the same console... so you couldn't take one from a friend's and flash it to yours.

Sponsored Links
    I'm not sure if Infectus works on Demo units, however, what I do know is for Retail PS3 units it will only allow you to dump and flash the Firmware from the same console... so you couldn't take one from a friend's and flash it to yours.

will it take the write? or just refuse to boot. what causes this?
    Last edited by JeffJ; 07-13-2009 at 03:41 PM Reason: oops wrong button

it will completely mess up your ps3. it will write fine.

the firmware marries its self to the board in the ps3 i believe.. each board has a unique serial/hash

can this be corrected using the flow rebuilder?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    it will completely mess up your ps3. it will write fine.

the firmware marries its self to the board in the ps3 i believe.. each board has a unique serial/hash
    Kinda like the 360 firmware then? I saw a tut for unbanning the 360 that involved changing the 360 ID through changing the firmware of the console.

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    Kinda like the 360 firmware then? I saw a tut for unbanning the 360 that involved changing the 360 ID through changing the firmware of the console.
    yes, you are essentially changing the console serial # and id to one thats not banned on XBL

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News