Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

msr Guest

If you have psgroove, can i put mkv larger than 4gb on ps3 hard drive?

Can i put a bluray film larger than 4gb somewhere on the internal hard drive, to play in the xmb of ps3.

If so where would i put the movie file, where would i upload it to in the ftp app for the psgroove?

GrandpaHomer Guest
    You can copy file of any size using FTP program from here .. Alhough - no real point of copying MKV to PS3 as it will not play it anyway.

msr Guest
    If i use mkv2vob, and make just 1 file. Where on the ps3 would i play that vob > 4gb, to play in xmb?

Thats what i am asking. If i use mkv2vob, and make just 1 file from blueray mkv.

Where would i put the file on the ps3 to show up in xmb under videos to play, i.e which directory would i put video files in?

If you know what i mean.

Yep i am using ftp program with psgroove.

jackdaRIP Guest
    you can do that with tversity, start the server and copy the file over,iv copied 12gb films with no probs at all

Cilow Guest
    yes but tversity does not work for everyone. i tried tversity, wmp11 &12.... and the way that helps me out was HFS. Its only for copying files from PC to PS3 via the PS3 Browser. But i would like to know it too.... in wich folder the moviefiles (mp4, mpg etc.) has to been copied. so i can use just only one program instead.

ricopico Guest
    if you reencode an mkv to another hd format such as mp4 properly it takes around 3 hours (2 passes, variable bit rate).

If you use Tversity, it streams it almost instantly. Why?? - Because the quality is poor. What is the point in watching an HD film, if you are going to stream it at this poor quality.

jackdaRIP Guest
    read what i wrote i said copy, not stream.

iskj3098ias Guest
    Use TsMuxer to remux the .mkv file in a .ts file (takes about 3m, same quality). Copy to PS3 with PMS (PS3 Media Server, get it here http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/).

Done, no hacks required for this.