07-01-2008 #1Azzie50 Guest
If you could do a Firmware Update, what would you want in it?
If you could do a Firmware Update, what would you want in it!!
I could think of a 100 'n 1 things, heres my top 10 list:
1. Stream your music playlist for friends to hear (and to also listen to while in game).
2. Multi internet connection list (like the PSP).
3. download and play JAVA games.
4. Mad Widgets to juice up the XMB (like a clock in the background).
5. File sharing from PS3 to PC - backup via WMP.
6. Voice recognition typing! that would be cool.
7. Bluetooth audio output to headset (not just voip, if this can be done plz do tell)
8. Id also want my PS3 to talk to me like an annoying SatNAV 'how are you this morning, shouldnt u be in work'!?
ok so its a top 8 list, ill prob remember the remaining 92 things 2moz. But id luv to see what everybody else would like in.. lets call it Firmware 9.0
If any of mine are going to be in the 2.40 update then hooah to Sony!
07-01-2008 #2mrmiller24 Guest
this is a fantastic idea, im impressed!
In my firmware 9.0 I would want to see the ability to use the ps3's bluetooth to dial numbers and send text messages through your mobile phone, that you have connected with the bluetooth.
07-02-2008 #3PS3Brewery75 Guest
I am confused so I will answer it both ways.
I might be misunderstanding the topic here. If this thread basically means "If you can't program and don't have enough experience with writing firmware or even coreboot, what would you like to see out of somebody else's Playstation 3 firmware?" then I would have to say to replace the XMB with a KDE desktop environment.
KDE is open source after all so it would be possible as long as the hypervisor would be down so you could port the K desktop environment to the Playstation 3 to replace that with the XMB. It would be insanely difficult but possible and that's what I would like. Now if this thread means, "If you wrote your own Playstation 3 firmware, what would you do with it?" then I would have to say multiple simultaneous downloads via Playstation Store, and over 200 friends max for your friends list along with modified networking interfaces to allow the Playstation 3 work much much better behind firewalls similar to Limewire.
07-02-2008 #4MACIAS1 Guest
I would love user created trophies so people could host competitions of some sort!
07-02-2008 #5PS3Brewery75 Guest
I am confused so I cannot respond. I wil try my best
If Sony could do a Firmware update supporting that feature along with a modified network then that could be possible as well. I have no idea if this thread means firmware within reason or not. Could somebody help me out here?
07-02-2008 #6mrmiller24 Guest
i interpreted this thread with the idea like, if you had a million pounds what would you buy, its like if you could have anything, what would you like on your ps3.
07-02-2008 #7aldostools Guest
My wish list:
- More codecs (specially for old Divx/Xvid) and support for SRT/SUB subtitles
- In-game voice chat, internet browser and music in all games (even if they are not patched)
- In-game screen/video capture (with instant review of last 30 seconds of game play)
- Same PSP features on PS3 (Skype, Radio, Go! Messenger, RSS, etc)
- PS2 games streaming to PSP (it already streams PS1 games)
- PS3 streaming to PC (photos, music, videos stored on PS3... and why not games too)
- Expand the new "Search" for multiple customizable services (Google, YouTube, Wikipedia, etc) and for local content too
07-02-2008 #8PS3Brewery75 Guest
07-02-2008 #9mrmiller24 Guest
alright.. i live in the uk, but i see you get my point yes?
07-02-2008 #10PS3Brewery75 Guest
Oh now I get your point. I would want a firmware that overclocks the cell processor to around 15.2GHz rather than 3.2GHz.