Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

razor1993 Guest

How much GB internally can the PS3 handle?

i think to buy an adapter for the PS3 thats make it possible to use 3.5 big HDDs as Internal harddrive but the Hard drive is outstanded!

so i think to buy a 2 TB hdd. and im heard somewhere thats the PS3 canot handle 2TB becouse its hanging if i format the drive with the PS3. is this right? or is there any Compatiebel 2TB harddrives that i can buy??

Thx all!

mortenfort Guest
    If your hd is compatible then it should work, for a quick reference check your old ps3 hard drive and try to buy one with same settings

Mumps Guest
    I'm waiting for the adapter (5 of them for $4.99) and have a 1TB drive waiting right here, I remember reading somewhere 1TB was the max supported by the latest firmware (3.41 it is). I don't know if Sony upped the max in 3.50 but I guess that doesn't matter right?

razor1993 Guest
    so you mean the matter why 2 TB is not working is because the Firmware dont support it?

because i think thats just the Hard drive is incompatible. is there anybody who can use 2TB on his ps3? or 1.5TB?

Thx all!

releasedakraken Guest
    I tried a western digital 2TB hooked to the internal serial port and a SATA to E-SATA cable. It doesn't work. The PS3 will boot initially and ask to format the drive.

After formatting and restarting, you'll get a black screen as if the PS3 can't initialize the drive. I read that 1.5TB doesn't work either.

1TB does work fine though.

SaveU Guest
    At this time, the ps3 can only handle up to 1tb internally.