PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

[Answered] How to move Install Package Files to another category?

is there any way to move the "install package files" in the XMB to another top level category like network?

i know how to move my homebrew apps to other categories by editing the SFO's but so far i couldn't find a way to re-categorize the install packages folder.

can anyone help please?
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

Yes you can. You will need to edit the XML files that govern the icons that appear in each category. See this thread: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ha...er-113703.html

Open the XML for the Game category and locate the <Query that is for the Install Package Files entry and copy it (be sure to get the closing tag />) to the same location the XML for the category you want to move it to. Be sure to delete it or comment it out from Game. I renamed my PSN category "Applications" and moved my BuM, Payload, Install Package Files, FTP Server, and SNES9X over to it. Leaving Game nice and clean. I also got rid of a number of other icons. Check the thread above for details.

Yes you can. You will need to edit the XML files that govern the icons that appear in each category. See this thread: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ha...er-113703.html

Open the XML for the Game category and locate the <Query that is for the Install Package Files entry and copy it (be sure to get the closing tag />) to the same location the XML for the category you want to move it to. Be sure to delete it or comment it out from Game. I renamed my PSN category "Applications" and moved my BuM, Payload, Install Package Files, FTP Server, and SNES9X over to it. Leaving Game nice and clean. I also got rid of a number of other icons. Check the thread above for details.