Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Confused How many FAT32 Partitions Ps3 Can Detect ?

Morning..

I am trying to have all my backups on the one USB 500gb drive but FAT32 only goes to 32gb, if i was to make 10 x 32gb Partitions would the ps3/multman detect all partitions.

Cheers,

Hi there, Fat32 goes past 32GB but you may need a separate Format partitioner tool such as this one: en.kioskea.net/download/download-127-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool

Then you don't need multiple partitions

Excellent. I don't have my PS3 here just setting up my drive for when it gets back. Will the PS3 recognise the drive OK, Do you use this format with your PS3 ?

I want to partition a 500gb into a 300gb FAT32 for PS3 and a 200GB WBFS for my Wii.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by xpa12 View Post
    Hi there, Fat32 goes past 32GB but you may need a separate Format partitioner tool such as this one
    The HP program i just tried wants to partition the entire 500gb to 1 drive and then i get a access error ( i run in Admin but no luck)

I want 3 partitions

1- 250gb - FAT32 - PS3 - Play Backups from this drive
    2- 100gb - NTFS - PS3 - Files large then 4gb for transfer to Internal
    3- 150gb - WBFS - WII - For my Wii backups

If i can do this i can swap and play drives between consoles.

Any other ideas....

Cheers

Oh ok i thought it was just the one FAT32 partition you were after.

For multiple partitions like that i always use a program called Paragon Partition Manager 9.

It allows you to choose the size of each partition and also the format. I dont know if there is a free or trial version as mine is the paid version.
    Also i am not sure if you will have problems with the consoles, primarily the wii console, finding the 3rd partition after the first 2 that are not WBFS - i dont know as ive never tried it.