Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Thumbs Up How do I +Rep someone who helped me?

This isn't so much a post asking for the answer to the question. It's more a post to highlight the fact that you can do this and more importantly that you should (when it's been earned).

If someone posts something that helps you, or simply a post that you think is worthy of a +rep boost then you should +rep them. It'll make them feel better, add weight to their future posts (high REP = respected past comments)

Similarly if someone posts something bad you have the right to -rep them too. This shouldn't really be used if you simply disagree with their point of view/opinion - it should be used when they've done something really deserving of a -rep!

When you + or - rep someone you can also leave a comment for them to read - it's a nice gesture to let them know WHY you've + or - rep'd them.

So... HOW do you +/- rep someone?

On every single post on the forums at the top right you will see a little green icon (see attached example):-

1. Click the green icon (highlighted by the red outline in my example)
    2. Select either "I approve" (+) or "I disapprove" (-)
    3. Enter a comment if you want to
    4. Click "Add to Reputation"

This function is available, can't help thinking it doesn't get used enough - i always try to remember to +rep people when I see a quality post. I am very careful in using -rep and try to only give these out when the post really deserves it.

Anyway - hope this helps you out. I always refer to people's reputation as it generally gives a pretty good indication as to how experienced they are.

Note: +rep's are weighted (at least they used to be!), senior members give more that noobs and +/- rep from PS3NEWS can make or break you! lol

PSPSwampy.

+rep maybe the boss can move this to the guide section or a sticky somewhere. Also more rep = less adds on the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    This isn't so much a post asking for the answer to the question.
    OK, I will consider this answered... and now closed.