Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

How to convert the Hex Code to PS3Key .upd ?

Hey all,

What do i need to convert the hex code for the AVRKEY to the PS3key format (.upd)..

I emailed PS3Key & they said to hex the key with Flip 3.4.2, however i keep getting the error "Could not open USB", so thought if i could use there own installer, that would be so much easier.. & know theres loads of people that would love to know how to convert the hex code to the .upd format.

Thanks in advance

Sorry bb01, but at this stage, it is not possible :-(

The .hex files are complete images whereas the .upd files are best described as encrypted-patches to a pre-defined image. Now, the PS3Key has an special bootloader which decrypts the .upd file and patches it's built-in image. PS3Key do this so that they can "add-value" in the future without others copying their work. Well, thats the idea anyway

However, you can "convert" a PS3Key to a generic "Teensy V1.0" (no ++!) clone by using the "Amtel Flip" program to overwrtie said custom bootloader+payload. Note that at perest, you will not be able to convert "back" to a PS3Key ... but it's not really a big deal as they have not exactly released anything spectacular and they are pretty behind on payloads (eg: hermes v3, retialPKG, etc ..)

Hope this helps. Also, be sure to read http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-he...ey-113862.html