Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

flipponzio Guest

How to come back from a failed game update?

Hi, i tried to update FIFA11 but now it gives me always the error of the disc needed.

How can i delete the update files so the game works again?

jpcanaverde Guest
    Delete the "Game Data" (not the "Game Savedata").

flipponzio Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcanaverde View Post
    Delete the "Game Data" (not the "Game Savedata").
    I thought it had to be some more complicated solution, so before i could read your message i tried something with ftp:
    i made a backup copy of the folder BLES01059 (FIFA11) that is located in /dev_hdd0/game/BLES01059 and then i deleted it from the ps3 hdd.

The game started again and worked good. After that i took a look again in the ftp and i saw the deleted folder was again there but empty. When the older folder had some files with a subfolder too containing a eboot.bin file too. I dont have a clue of what technically happened...

Anyway now i re-uploaded the folder with all the files and deleted the gamedata in the xmb (appeared corrupted).
    The game works good too.

My question now is: what is the use of that folder(s) inside /dev_hdd0/game/ ? (I deleted it and the game worked anyway..)

CJPC Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flipponzio View Post
    My question now is: what is the use of that folder(s) inside /dev_hdd0/game/ ? (I deleted it and the game worked anyway..)
    /dev_hdd0/game/BLES01059 - that folder is used for game cache (to speed up loading) and for updates.