Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

timhere Guest

Question How can I turn-off Wi-Fi to force PS3 to use ethernet connection?

Hey - first time poster.

I'm trying to stream various content to the PS3 via-wi with only some success,
    music, pictures, heavily compressed video are ok - anything else stutters.

I have set the wireless network to use the N wi-fi standard only - which forces the PS3 to stream media via it's ethernet port which is plugged into an airport express - it works perfectly.

But not all my tech is up to the N standard so this is only a temporary fix.

How can I disable the PS3's wifi? Sure I can turn the internet settings off - but that disable all internet/media streaming altogether.

The set-up is:

Macbook, Airport Express (N) - Ethernet - PS3

Thanks in advance for anytips - been trying to solve this problem for far, far too long.

idone Guest
    I dont know why but i feel somewhat confused after reading your post. I have an answer for you and really hope it is the right one (if i understand correctly)

Go to network settings and switch to "wired connection"

hope that's the answer you were looking for

PSPSwampy Guest
    I agree with idone, very confusing post and his answer seems right to me.

Not sure why u are using PS3 with ethernet cable to an external wifi device though (unless it has better ariel and N is higher than ps3 specs - can't remember).

U'd be better off just cabling it properly directly to your router, or via a Powerline adapter over your existing mains cabling to your router - you will achieve much faster bandwidth this way.

Anyway hope Idone or my posts help ya!

PSPSwampy

idone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post

Not sure why u are using PS3 with ethernet cable to an external wifi device though (unless it has better ariel and N is higher than ps3 specs - can't remember).
    Yea, wireless N is better than what the ps3's internal wifi has to offer....

Guess we'll see when he posts back if that was the answer he searched...