Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

alchybear Guest

Hidden PS3 led lights on a slim help?

As i was testing for spots to make a solder point for my ps3 custom led lights i came apon 3 lights that gave a constant power but only came on when it was grounded. the three are 2 blue and one red HIDDEN FROM TOP VIEW of the power eject clip.

now what confuses me is why are these three led lights here yet never on. i gave preview in the video how to make them work but still makes me question. why are these lights here and what are they used for? i do not know if other models have these for i have not took the time to test.

My only question is, does any one have any idea what these lights where for?

edokassiah Guest
    probably a humidity sensor

johnnytheboy12 Guest
    i have a feeling it may have had something to do with the the drive. with the combination of leds if could show 1 color for no disc and another color for having a disc inserted. i am going to have a mess around with the leds have 1 grounded so i have a constant color then link the blue led the disc present led to another so the color will change when i insert a disc. i have a feeling this could work without modding anything if there was a firmware update that enabled it