Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Glyphist Guest

Help updating firmware from new game CD?

So i got a jailbroken ps3 the other day, and was told i needed a 'boot disk' for some games that were downloaded onto the HDD already. So today i went out and browsed for a game that i would actually play, and bought LA Noir. So i used it as a boot disk and the downloaded games worked fine, but when i went around to playing LA noir, it said i needed to update to the new firmware.

How do i do this safely with keeping the jailbroken-ness and data, etc... I was reading up on the forums and saw this: settings > system settings > format utility, then updated it by letting ps3 update firmware itself.

How exactly is this done? As in do i need internet connection, or is it on the game disc because LA noir gave me the option to upgrade when i went to play it.

Thank you in advance.

Wonderkik Guest
    If you update, you can't keep the jailbreak. To play LA Noire, you will need a modified Eboot to play it on a lower firmware, and to do that you will need to dump the game to a HDD first.

You probably should have bought a cheap used game, or search some info first ^^

moja Guest
    Follow this: http://www.ps4news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/l...stom-firmware/