Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I tried going into recovery mode...but the problem with that is, I can't see what I'm doing.

I haven't tried a non-HDMI cable (can't find it for the life of me)

Also, I neglected to mention I'm using a HDMI switcher(?) to switch between cables (TV -> Xbox, TV -> PS3, TV -> Laptop); I didn't mention it because it's probably not the problem, but I figure I'll mention it now just in case.

Lastly, sorry for the late reply.

Try AV cable, it comes with the PS3 when you buy it.

I just found out that the TV only detects my PS3 when the Xbox 360 is on... what could this mean??

Aliens?!? (lol jk about aliens)

I'm going to try a straight connection from my PS3 to my TV without the HDMI switcher and see how that goes.

Go into recovery mode.. from there you can fix the hdtv problem!

I went into recovery mode, and I used the Restore File System option, which said something was corrupt and that it had fixed it.

However, the problem still persisted after that.

mate I still have the Data Corrupted when trying to Restore File System in recovery mode. Seems my hdd is busted and I'll have to buy new one, I went into store and bought sata 2.5 to usb adapter and I did format the hdd from the pc. all seems well from the pc side but when I put it on and made the ps3 format it into it's own it still didn't fix the error in recovery mode, Data corrupted.

It seems it was probably my HD cable switcher. I tried a straight connection to my TV, and it worked just fine. I think it might have fried something in the switcher somehow when I unplugged my PS3. I'll try to see next if it's the cable connecting from the switcher to the TV.

Page 2 of 2 First 12