Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

MikeyBonez Registered User

Help with GTA IV

Hey everyone, if you read my last post, you know I just bought a PS3 80gig and GTA IV. I played the first 2 days fine but today... bad news. The video started freezing and audio playback was iffy.

I'm going to update the firmware in a minute via my Ipod and see if that helps. Sometimes when the video freezes, boxes of interupted pixels appear. I have no clue if this is a firmware issue, game issue or hardware problem. For the love of technology HELP ME!!!!

smokeylib Registered User

Lightbulb

try uninstalling the game data and reinstalling..

MikeyBonez Registered User
    i'm going to try that in a minute or two. it also freezes when in XMB and PS doesn't respond, I hope a reinstall will work, I just updated FW to 2.7. I don't know if there's any game updates for it but i'll check

izekial27 Registered User
    the best thing to do is delete the games data file and perform a fresh game install, this should clear the issue up, also, one for the obvious but make sure the disc is clean and the ps3 disc tray is dust free.

demon1984 Registered User
    You can also try a laser disc cleaner & see if that helps any!

revenged Registered User

Lightbulb

this used to happen to people when the game first came out, and i remember hearing something about clearing the system's cache.

ati93 Registered User
    i heard that , gta IV has a problem with some ps3 lens.