PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

[Answered] Help with Bricked Slim Ps3?

ok i bricked my ps3 SLIM going back to CEX from DEX a few weeks ago. i didn't know that i should not turn it off after i reflashed the flash from my back up using the multiMAN method and now it does the 5 quick beeps and just shuts down i have tried using a psp with ps3jig to get it into Factory/Service Mode but it just beeps still and won't go into it.

i still have the back-ups of my root key, CEX-FLASH-NOR-FW3.55.NORBIN and 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN. if i get a e3 flasher limited can i unbrick the system or is it just a paper weight? if i can save the system can someone tell me how to do it using the e3 step by step or guide me to a great video that shows what to do with high detail?

Thanks,
    K9inpoop
    Best Answer - Posted by pinkone:

I've fixed the same problem on a nand and nor ps3 doing a Service Mode downgrade way easier than an E3. In Service Mode the ps3 will still beep the same unless it's running an Lv2diag.self.

Would you like to sell it ? if so hit me up

Sorry I won't sell it but of I change my mind you'll be the first to know ok? I just need to know if its possible to fix if I get an e3 using my back ups of my nor flash created from multiman

i have a 60gig ps3 fat backwards compatible still on firmware 3.15 as well as a 80 gig backwards compatible ps3 phat on same low firmware. Id be willing to sale if allowed. Offers welcomed ps3s are in mint condition 80 gig still in the box.

first of all you must be sure that back up is clean no bad blocks, you can always check it in Flowrebuilder

How do I use flow builder to see if its good?

Ok I checked the dump using flowrebuilder operation "extract a byte reversed nor dump" and got a 100% complete dump then I used HxD on it and did a statistics analysis and checked the 00's and FF's and they are is the range of a good dump so do I need to check anything else to see if its a good dump?
    Last edited by k9inpoop; 09-08-2012 at 05:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

e3, install, solder tristate point on mobo and flash your back up

Where is the tristate point on the motherboard?

Can you show me a pic of it? And do I use a certain wire to solder with or will any wire do?
    Last edited by k9inpoop; 09-08-2012 at 06:46 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Has nothing to do with your HW you have a syscon brick (Syscon expects DEX FW and sees CEX FW and shuts down the system)! You need a HW flasher to fix it and yes it can be fixed by doing the right steps.

PS: I'm no fan of the E3 at all it bricks cons ! If you can solder use Progskeet and if not you may consider spending you PS3 to someone with soldering and unbricking skills.

If you need more assistance just PM.

I've fixed the same problem on a nand and nor ps3 doing a Service Mode downgrade way easier than an E3. In Service Mode the ps3 will still beep the same unless it's running an Lv2diag.self.