Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

heavy rain update help?

hi guys,

first off, im running a 60g ps3 (now 250) with 3.41 firmware, using hermes psgroove on my maximus avr usb 1.0

i read in the compatibility list that HEAVY RAIN is compatible if played from the internal and external drive. and the note says: Uninstall all pre-PSJailbreak content from HDD (im not sure i get this..)

i wanted to use the move controller, so when i popped the game in, it ask me for the 2.0 update (the move compatibility update) everything installs ok.

my problem now is that i runs with the disc in. from the internal drive, it freeze automatically when i click on the disk icon. and from the external drive, when i click the disc icon an error message ask me to insert the heavy rain disc...

can anyone help :S

Try Ftping to your ps3 and replace the eboot.bin from the directory dev_hdd0/game/whatever the title id is, example BCUS9841(little big planet in this case) /PS3_GAME/USRDIR and, with the one that your back up manager made located on internal or external.

Example for internal hardrive dev_hdd0/game/Laun12345/GAMEZ/BCUS9841/PS3_GAME/USRDIR on external it would be PS3/GAMEZ/BCUS9841/PS3_GAME/USRDIR.

The move update does not currently work with jailbroken PS3's.

Ok good to know. I had seen the put game disc screen when i updated dead rising 2 and I solved it by replacing the eboot bin.