Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Getting a PS3 help?

I'm thinking of saving up for another PS3. If I were to buy one from amazon, such as the one from this link: amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003VUO6H4/sr=1-1/qid=1313403964/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1313403964 &sr=1-1&seller=&colid=

Would it be possible to get one with a frimware less than 3.60+ preferably 3.55?

I would think that because the PS3s probably come with a stock firmware and probably wouldnt have the updates since they've been released. I don't how it is with amazon so I would probably consider buying a use one. I'm not sure yet though. Would someone mind offering some insight on this?

I couldn't edit the title or the post in time but I would also like to get a PS2 for modding and probably an earlier PS3 model with hardware support for PS1 and PS2 games.

Your best bet for getting a 3.55 or lower PS3 is going to be to check craigslist for your area. At least that way you can see it before you buy it. It is really a crapshoot to get it from a retailer, but you most likely will not get a 3.55 or lower that way.

on amazon you be lucky to find lower then 3.66 not likely unless you buy a new one.

If you can find a new 120gb model then it will be below 3.55. In the uk its still quite easy to find pre 3.56 consoles but I don't know about other countries. You should definately buy a slim instead of an older model for backwards compatability, you can buy second hand ps2 for next to nothing sometimes, or even get a new ps2 for a good price.

Forgot about the PS2 I already had

But yeah I was thinking about getting another 120gb model again. I just hope it comes with firmware below 3.55.