Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Question Formatting PS3 External to Fat32 help?

I've just bought a second 1TB external hdd for use with JB PS3, the 1st 1 came formatted FAT32, but new 1 is NTFS, I'm running Win 7 Ultimate and need to know what programme I can use to format the drive, I tried dos command (cmd) to format but after 12 hours reached 99 percent then said the volume was too big for FAT32, I know of programmes such as swissknife, partition magic etc, but these won't run on Win 7, a solution to my problem greatly appreciated.

Try using this Download Easeus Partition Master software: download.cnet.com/Easeus-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html

If that didn't work, go to the official site of your external HD ans search for softwares. I know that western digital has a software that lets your format large partitions to fat32.

Hope this helps!

Use this tool to format your external HDD.

I can also recommend Easeus Partition Master Home Edition. As I formatted my 2.5" drive to FAT32 last week for the PS3.

thanks for answers folks, will try the above and close thread when successful