Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Find out which PS3 dongle do i have?

Hi,

i bought a dongle here in Thailand, it is working and i can install homebrews etc... but i have no idea which dongle is it... so i don't know where to look to upgrade it, if upgradable. I would like to install Hermes V4 !? Is there a way to find out what is it ?

Thx for help.

Make a picture and post it here.

here it is attached.

The blue cap looks like a PS3Key. The dongle looks blank from the other side ?

yes, there is nothing written on the other side.

You tried to get it in boot loader mode with just plug-in on PC ? You just need to know which microchip it is.

no i did not try, how do you put it in boot loader mode ? When i plug it, blue led on but cannot see it on my pc...

is there a hardware change to be made in order to put it in bootloader mode ?

indeed it does look like a ps3 key just removing the cap and looking at the inside i can see components setup in the same way.

ok i got it in bootloader mode now, what should i do next ? Thx

You have to push a button to get the Dongle in the DFU, but I don't see any button on you, so tried to insert it and remove it a few times in until both of the LEDs (both red and blue) light up at the same time.

ok after insert/remove a few times i got it installed in bootloader mode, windows 7 installed drivers automatically and now it says usb device input installed.

Try to get the PS3Key Software and try if you can flash it, if the software don't works, I think your JailBreak can't be updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last