Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

haze67 Guest

e3 flash/hdmi or vga help?

Hey guys,

i have put the 2504B 1A put aside and lucky enough got my hands on a FAT CECHL04-- OFW 4.00

i've made the E3flasher installation and must say it went pretty good first try the softboard was just a bit to short to fit on tfboard heh

anyway, i have it connected via HDMI, now i thought i read you must use VGA instead for downgrading? or does HDMI works?

at least it boots fine installation correct

alright, HDMI is only when entering factory/service mode, then there is no screenoutput, form normal operation its no problem?
    really, excuse all the questions guys, so many info, its hurting my brain...

btw, i try to load all "psgrade.hex" files, the x2tool log shows: File does not contain valid descriptor,please try another hex

not supported i guess, really need another dongle for this, or is there a hex file floating arround?

haze67 Guest

CECHL04 fat

hey guys,

to be save i plugged it via VGA. i'm positive all installed correctly, all im getting is "failed to initialize PS3 bios"

its secured with foam, but the clip made a nice click noise when installing anyways?

only thing i can try is cleaning the legs with alcohol, would it be that simple?

this is costing money hehe.. and not working afterall

racer0018 Guest
    Ok from my experience most of the time that you get that message you have a problem that it is not hooked up right. When I first used my e3 I had to bend all the bins out a little on the clip. Try to reinstall it and see what happens. Thanks